NYC Dance and Music Festival is a platform for select 21st century performing artists who are innovative, world class, and creating ground breaking work. It is an opportunity for emerging dance performers and music groups or composers to present their work to a new audience. We aim to cultivate opportunities for artists who are not yet able to produce or showcase on a platform on their own, and need additional public relations assistance to produce a performance.
It is an opportunity for selected emerging dance companies, individual dancers, or choreographers, and emerging music groups or composers to present their work to a wider audience and we curate to bring these artists into the spotlight.
Artists are selected by a panel of 6 industry professionals from around the world.
NYC Dance and Music Festival provides:
– Performance venue
– Video footage of your performance
– Press & Marketing tools
– Basic lighting design will be provided, projector available please specify in application
-Published Press Review courtesy of contacts from NYC Dance and Music panelists
Submission Deadline: March 30, 2018
Acceptance Notices: March 3, 2018
Production Fee Due: March 5th, 2018
Performance Date: Monday, April 2nd 7:30 PM
Technical Rehearsal: Monday, April 2nd 6:00 PM
– Proposed work no longer than 10 Min.
-All dance and music genres are encouraged to apply (classical and contemporary are both welcome).
-$200 Production fee upon acceptance
- Stage Dimensions: 21’ x 21’
- Marley Like Surface
- Seating Capacity: 99
- No wings
- One (1) Upstage Left Exit and Curtain, has a small holding hallway if dancers need to use this as a wing hold it has been done before
- Basic lighting options will be available to artists, to be preset before the week of the performance with the lighting designer.
- Live instruments do not need amps for the space, as it is an intimate venue – but you are welcome to bring your own amp if you prefer or need for your performance artistic vision
- Backstage dressing room is shared