NYC Dance and Music Festival is a platform for 21st century performing artists who are innovative, world class, and creating ground breaking work in classical and contemporary realms. It is an opportunity for selected emerging dance companies, individual dancers, or choreographers, and emerging music groups or composers to present their work to a wider audience.
Artists are selected by a panel of 6 industry professionals from around the world.
Our panel will also select one dance performance and one music performance for the festival that will receive a rehearsal space grant of 30 hours leading up to the performance on April 3rd.
NYC Dance and Music Festival provides:
– Performance venue
– Post show reception venue for audience and artists
– Video footage of your performance
– Press & Marketing tools
– Basic lighting design will be provided, projector available please specify in application
-Published Press Reviews courtesy of contacts from NYC Dance and Music panelists
Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2018
Acceptance Notices: March 3, 2018
Production Fee Due: March 5th, 2018
Performance Date: Monday, April 2nd 7:30 PM
Technical Rehearsal: Monday, April 2nd 6:00 PM
– Proposed work no longer than 10 Min.
-All dance and music genres are encouraged to apply (classical and contemporary are both welcome).
-$200 Production fee upon acceptance
- Stage Dimensions: 21’ x 21’
- Marley Like Surface
- Seating Capacity: 99
- No wings
- One (1) Upstage Left Exit and Curtain, has a small holding hallway if dancers need to use this as a wing hold it has been done before
- Basic lighting options will be available to artists, to be preset before the week of the performance with the lighting designer.
- Live instruments do not need amps for the space, as it is an intimate venue – but you are welcome to bring your own amp if you prefer or need for your performance artistic vision
- Backstage dressing room is shared